The Scunthorpe United CSET Education Programme was set up in 2012 to engage post-16 learners in Scunthorpe and the surrounding areas in education through the power of sport. Expanding at an impressive rate based within our Study Centre classroom based at Glanford Park Stadium. Our objectives are to: provide high quality, flexible and responsive courses that increase the participation of young people; develop pathways for progression enabling learners to further achieve qualifications and employment opportunities; enable learners to fulfil their potential through outstanding teaching, learning and assessment.
Our results for 2014/15 were exceptional and we pride ourselves on achieving our headline statistics for success, retention and achievement all above the national averages compared to other education providers across the country.
- Achievement of Extended BTEC Level 3 qualification 100%
- 100% of learners were satisfied with their course
- 96% of learners would recommend our courses to a friend
- 100% of learners say the teaching on their course is good
- FA Level 1 in Coaching Football
- FA Level 1 in Coaching Futsal
- Player visits / training sessions
- Reduced training kit package
- Opportunity to be ball boys / girls on a match day
- Play on the first team pitch
- Opportunity to gain experience coaching in the community
- Opportunity to gain work experience within a professional football club